Radon Mitigation in Southern New Hampshire & Eastern Massachusetts
No matter the age of your home or the type of foundation it sits on, radon can leak into your indoor spaces and pose a significant threat to the health and safety of your family. Radon mitigation is the proactive process of reducing and controlling radon levels within your home to minimize and eliminate the associated health risks.
Rescon Basement Solutions provides radon mitigation services throughout Southern New Hampshire and Eastern Massachusetts. Get in touch with us today to learn more about how you can stay safe from radon exposure or to request an appointment with our in-house team of technicians.
What is Radon?
Radon is a radioactive gas that occurs naturally in the Earth. Similar to carbon monoxide, the gas is odorless and colorless, making it undetectable without using specialized equipment. It occurs due to the decay and decomposition of radioactive elements found in the Earth’s crust, including uranium, thorium, and radium.
While radon can be found naturally in trace amounts in the outdoor air, it becomes a concern when it enters enclosed spaces, such as buildings, and accumulates to higher concentrations. This can happen through the diffusion of radon through soil, rock, or groundwater into basements or lower levels of structures.
If you suspect that your home may be experiencing prolonged exposure to radon, it is crucial to take action to ensure the safety of your loved ones.
Dangers of Radon
The biggest and most common danger associated with radon gas exposure is an increased risk of lung cancer. Radon can directly attach to dust and other airborne particles, and when inhaled, it can release radiation that damages lung tissue.
The longer you’re exposed to radon, the higher the risk becomes. However, you can significantly reduce the risk associated with radon exposure.
Additional dangers presented by radon exposure include respiratory issues, cardiovascular trouble, and poor indoor air quality.
Radon Mitigation System Installation
Installing a radon mitigation system in your home is a proactive measure that can protect your home from dangerous radon exposure.
What is a Radon Mitigation System?
Designed to reduce and control radon levels, a radon mitigation system includes a fan and pipes that pull radon gas from beneath your home and vent it outside. This keeps the indoor air safer to breathe and reduces the risk of health problems, especially lung cancer.
If you find high radon levels in your home, a mitigation system is the best way to make your indoor air healthier.
The Radon Mitigation System Installation Process
- Professional Assessment: When you work with Rescon, an in-house technician will conduct a thorough assessment of your property, including diagnostic testing to determine the best mitigation approach.
- Mitigation System Design: Based on the assessment, your technician will design a custom mitigation system tailored to your specific needs.
- Installation: The chosen mitigation system is then expertly installed. This typically involves creating suction points, installing fans, and establishing ventilation pathways to redirect radon gas away from your living spaces and safely vent it outdoors.
- Monitoring: After the installation is complete, the system is thoroughly tested to ensure it effectively reduces radon levels. Regular monitoring is essential to verify the ongoing functionality of the system.
- Maintenance: Mitigation systems are relatively low-maintenance, but should be checked every couple of years to ensure they are operating effectively. Give our team a call at any time if you need help with radon mitigation system maintenance.
If you suspect that your home might be experiencing elevated radon levels, testing is a crucial first step in assessing and addressing the issue. At Rescon, we provide comprehensive radon testing services to help you understand the radon levels in your home accurately.
How Does Rescon Test for Radon?
Rescon installs radon-testing devices that measure amounts of radon within your home’s air supply. We offer both short-term and long-term testing options to provide a comprehensive assessment of your indoor radon levels.
- Short-term radon tests are designed to provide a quick assessment of radon levels in your home over a relatively brief period, typically lasting from 2 to 7 days. These tests are an excellent choice if you want to gauge radon levels relatively quickly or if you’re in the process of buying or selling a home and need timely results.
- Long-term radon tests are conducted over an extended period, typically ranging from 3 months to a year or more. These tests offer a more comprehensive and accurate assessment of radon levels in your home because they account for seasonal variations and other factors that can affect radon concentrations.
Whether you’re interested in short or long-term radon testing solutions, get in touch with Rescon today to get started.
Choose Rescon Basement Solutions for Radon Mitigation in Southern New Hampshire and Eastern Massachusetts
Residents throughout Southern New Hampshire and Eastern Massachusetts count on Rescon Basement Solutions to deliver exceptional results. Give us a call or contact us online today to schedule radon mitigation services.