Crawlspace Remediation Services in Southern New Hampshire & Eastern Massachusetts
It’s common for homes in southern New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts to have unfinished crawlspaces. These areas can be potential sources of numerous problems, many of which can have negative health impacts. Based in Manchester, NH, Rescon Basement Solutions is on a mission to create dry, sound, and healthy basements, and crawlspace encapsulation is a major part of how we achieve this for our customers.
Common Crawlspace Problems
For many homeowners, crawlspaces are out of sight, out of mind. Unfortunately, this can allow problems to fester for years without being noticed. What’s more, builders often don’t take steps to ensure long-term crawlspace health during the construction process, making it inevitable that problems will develop.
Why exactly is crawlspace encapsulation necessary? Some of the most common issues that Rescon Basement Solutions sees with our customers’ crawlspaces include:
- Dirt floors – A crawlspace that has dirt floors shouldn’t be left that way for long. The soil emits a variety of gases, some of which are toxic, such as radon. What’s more, soil retains moisture, which can result in unhealthy conditions. A dirt floor that is left alone for too long may even create an inviting home for pests, such as rodents.
- High moisture levels – Crawlspaces are tight and confined, which makes it difficult for moisture to dissipate. This leads to high levels of moisture, which can result in a variety of problems ranging from mold growth, excess humidity, and indoor air quality issues to the rotting of support structures and foundation walls. Encapsulating your crawlspace can help to reduce moisture problems.
- Problems with columns and footings – We often see columns and footings in crawlspaces that are made from concrete or wood blocks. In a typical crawl space, if moisture levels are high, these columns can absorb harmful moisture and compromise the structural integrity of your home.
The right crawl space repair solution for you will depend on a variety of factors. At Rescon Basement Solutions, we begin each project by providing a comprehensive evaluation, enabling our experts to develop custom plans for our customers. The most common solutions we provide include:
- Crawlspace encapsulation – The purpose of this service is to envelop your crawlspace to prevent air from passing from the ground into your home, where it can have a negative effect on your family’s health. Additionally, it helps to control moisture levels, as the crawl space encapsulation barrier is non-absorbent. A sealed crawl space is an efficient way to protect your home from the elements. Call the crawl space encapsulation pros at Rescon for help improving your home’s crawl space.
- Vapor Barrier Installation – A vapor barrier is a sheet of plastic that adds an extra layer between groundwater and your home’s foundation. The vapor barrier is resistant to mold and mildew and also helps control the temperature of your home.
- Waterproofing – We can address seasonal flooding and water seepage in a variety of ways including installing a sump pump or drainage system. We can also pour concrete floors and properly finish them, which will help control moisture levels and limit moisture damage.
- Crawlspace Access Doors – Doors not only make it easier to access your crawl space, but they can be helpful to keep out inclement weather, moisture, and small animals that might find the space inviting.
- Dehumidification – We install dehumidifiers that are specifically designed for crawlspaces, helping prevent high humidity levels and inhibiting the growth of mold and mildew.
- Sump Pumps – Sump pumps aren’t just for basements. A crawlspace sump pump can also protect your home’s foundation in the even that there is access water flowing under your house. A crawlspace evaluation will determine the best solutions to protect your home.
Contact Rescon Basement Solutions for Crawlspace Remediation Services
At Rescon Basement Solutions, all of our services are performed by experienced in-house experts—not subcontractors—whose work we back with a 1-year guarantee. Don’t wait to address crawlspace problems, which can be harmful to your home and family’s health. “Rely on Rescon” to provide a lasting solution.
Contact us today to schedule your free basement evaluation and to learn more about the crawlspace encapsulation and repair services we provide throughout southern New Hampshire and eastern Massachusetts. We’d be happy to discuss the benefits of an encapsulated crawl space with you or to schedule an appointment for service.