stairs-countryclubhomesIncBasement Humidity Affects the Whole House

Basement humidity is a very common but unseen problem in almost every below-grade basement.

High moisture levels in the air can lead to an increase in allergen levels, mold/mildew growth, pest activity and may even cause permanent damage to your home and personal belongings.

If you smell that damp, musty odor in your basement, what you are smelling is the out-gassing of fungi such as mold /mildew actively growing. Surfaces like wood, cloth, cardboard, sheetrock, even plastic are all food sources for fungi. Add moisture from humidity levels above 60% and you have a perfect environment for the growth of dust mites and mold.

Dehumidification is the most popular method for basement humidity control taken by homeowners today to help mitigate the effects of excessive air moisture. Unfortunately, many homeowners are not using the proper equipment to reduce moisture levels and fix the problem.

 startbasementproject-blue Contact us today and find out what you can do to get your basement dry.
 


Water Seeping into the Basement
Cracks in the Basement Floor or Wall Cracks
High Humidity in the Basement
Mold and Mildew Problems
Odors and Smelly Basements
What is Iron Bacteria?
Wet Flooded Basements in all Seasons